Scratch Live 2.5 (Legacy)
MacOS High Sierra 10.13, macOS Mojave 10.14, macOS Catalina 10.15 & macOS 11 Big Sur driver install process macOS 10.15 Catalina - Serato DJ Pro and Lite software support and Primary hardware compatibility. Start by browning the ground beef in a large pot over medium-high heat. Drain off the fat. Add in the green peppers and onions. Stir, and then add 1 cup water, the ketchup and garlic.
- . TRAKTOR PRO 2 will not appear in NATIVE ACCESS on systems using macOS 10.15 Catalina (or higher). TRAKTOR PRO 2 users will need to update to TRAKTOR PRO 3, or use the Free TRAKTOR DJ 2 software. The Z2 is compatible with macOS 10.15.4. In order to use your Z2 on Catalina, please update to macOS 10.15.4.
- The original and unrivaled vinyl emulation software for professional DJs. Scratch Live is vinyl emulation software that operates exclusively with Rane hardware. Mix and scratch digital music on your computer with Serato Control Vinyl or Control CDs.
- If you haven't yet upgraded to a MixEmergency 3 authorisation code, you can download and use either: MixEmergency 2.7.1 with your MixEmergency 2 authorisation code. MixEmergency 2.1.0 with your MixEmergency 1 license key. It is highly recommended that you update to the latest version of MixEmergency. Minimum Requirements - Mac (2010 model.
Note: Serato Scratch Live has been replaced with Serato DJ.
Serato Scratch Live 2.5 comes loaded with a bunch of key features including: Support for Serato Remote, free Loopmasters sample content, plug-and-play support for Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus and MIDI Output Lighting.
What's in Scratch Live 2.5?
Support for Serato Remote
Serato Scratch Live users have support to download and use Serato Remote - Serato’s first official App for iPad®.
Designed to compliment an existing Scratch Live setup, Serato Remote will connect seamlessly to your Serato laptop software and work with all supported Scratch Live hardware.
Serato Remote lets you see and perform all of your favorite Scratch Live functions without needing to touch your laptop. Control Cue Points, Loops and Samples. Load tracks and manipulate FX in ways that weren’t previously possible. See Serato’s famous Virtual Decks and Track Overviews so you can focus on the crowd and free yourself from your laptop.
Have control at your finger tips and enhance your Scratch Live performance. Serato Remote can be connected wirelessly freeing you to move around the stage or connected over USB for ultra low latency.
Designed with real world performance in mind, using big easy to hit buttons focusing on the most important performance features.
Serato Remote is available now and can be downloaded direct from the App Store℠ for USD 19.99.
To watch Rui from Serato use Serato Remote, and for more information visit serato.com/remote.
Apple, the Apple logo and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus plug-and-play support
With Scratch Live 2.5 you can throw away your control CDs and connect your Pioneer CDJ-2000nexus directly to your laptop.
Tightly mapped software controls give you low latency control over performance features in Scratch Live.
Control your Scratch Live library with your CDJ-2000nexus. See full color album artwork, waveform, cue/loop points and other important track information on the CDJ-2000nexus color display.
MIDI Output Lighting
Serato Scratch Live 2.5 Catalina
Now supported with Scratch Live 2.5 MIDI Output Lighting enables the LEDs on your MIDI controller to light up when used with Scratch Live.
We've teamed up with our hardware partners to provide you with some presets for some of the coolest controllers out there.
You can also read this blog post for more information on how to use the presets.
Free Loopmasters Sample Content
Scratch Live 2.5 comes with FREE samples from Loopmasters. Get 24 of the best Beats, Hits, Loops and Sweeps, free to you when you download the Loopmasters sample content installer. Download the sample content from within the Scratch Live 2.5 download and the samples will install straight to your Serato library as a crate.
For more information on how to get the sample content have a read of this Loopmasters blog post.
Scratch Live 2.5 Bug Fixes
Alongside these key features Scratch Live 2.5 also includes bug fixes to continue the unparalleled level of stability and performance that Serato software is known for.
Some examples of the bug fixes are: What is the newest macbook update called.
- Mixtape .als recordings now work with Ableton Live 9.
- Fixed a bug where the beatgrid lock wasn't being saved and loaded to/from the file; it was only being saved to the database.
- The Sixty-Eight record source is now correctly loaded from preferences.
- Fixed a bug where the CDJ-350 was sending both MIDI and HID messages which meant it could possibly fire two different Scratch Live events at the same time.
- Fixed a bug where the DJFX deck assignments wouldn't save to preferences if going from being 'on' initially, to 'off'.
For a full list of bug fixes see the Scratch Live 2.5 Release Notes
Read the full Scratch Live 2.5 release notes.
Serato Scratch Live Mac Catalina
But some controllers still may not work.
Serato has updated its DJ software to work with Apple’s new macOS 10.15 Catalina, including Serato DJ Pro and DJ Lite.
The updates add support for Apple’s new Music app, the iTunes replacement that’s caused many DJ apps to break due to the removal of support for the XML file format. This change has made it impossible for some apps to export the old iTunes Library file to update playlists.
“Apple’s new ‘Music’ app is also supported which means it will be a seamless transition for DJs,” Serato says in a press release. “Libraries are loaded automatically with no need for manual exporting.”
Serato has also issued a Catalina-compatible version of its Serato Studio production software. Serato Sample and Serato Pitch ‘n Time Pro/LE are not yet compatible, but Serato has confirmed its working on updates for these apps. However, not all DJ hardware is compatible with Serato apps running under Catalina – Serato has a full list of compatible controllers here.
While the introduction of a new macOS usually causes compatibility headaches for musicians, the removal of iTunes in Catalina has proved to be particularly catastrophic for digital DJs. Pioneer DJ’s Rekordbox, which is used by thousands of working DJs to organise their files, is currently incompatible with Catalina. NI’s Traktor software is working with compatible in a new beta version, but the advice from both companies is not to update to Catalina until a fix has been released.
Read next: Apple’s new macOS Catalina update is a huge problem for digital DJs