Great shop! Had a clutch/pressure plate/flywheel done on my 350z. Work.. Top tweets of all time. read moreGreat shop! Had a clutch/pressure plate/flywheel done on my 350z. Work was done quickly, correctly, and for the amount that was quoted. Evan,who is an awesome mechanic/technician,took care of some exhaust clearance issues (car is lowered)'since I had to remove the pipes anyway'. Always appreciate how they go the extra mile to do things right, and taking care of you. My son had his clutch and aftermarket exhaust done here as well. Evan, fixed an issue caused by poor work at another shop, and did a great job installing the entire system. The pies exit the rear end of my Son's Evo perfectly. They are exactly the same height and the exit angles are perfect. Clutch was done earlier,great job on an all wheel drive that pretty much has you taking half the front end of the car off to get to the clutch. I would highly recommend Redline to anyone who want to take their vehicle to an honest owner (Erik)who charges very fair prices, and employs some really talented people on his staff. Your car is always in and out quicker than anywhere else I know. We have 6 vehicles in our household, and if we don't do the job ourselves, the only shop they are going to is Redline.
Motorcycle Mechanic (Motorcycle & Power Equipment Technician) means a person who diagnoses, repairs, adjusts and replaces engines, drive trains, suspension and electrical systems on small to medium sized power products.
Please be advised that the revised target implementation date for the Harmonized Motorcycle Technician Program is January 1, 2022. Please see the Program Update for details.
How to test a motorcycle coil. You can perform this test while the coil is on or off the bike. No key on is required. The only tools you will need is a voltmeter that can read ohms and a screwdriver. Most voltmeters do. First, make sure there is no spark and it’s not a fuel problem. Practice reading a column of newsprint, restricting yourself to only two fixations per line. Keep in mind that the length of fixation and span is determined by the type of material you are reading. Watch for signs of fatigue: twitching muscles, burning sensations in the eyelids, fading, or blurring of print.
The documents below offer detailed information specific to this program.
- Motorcycle Mechanic (Motorcycle & Power Equipment Technician) means a person who diagnoses, repairs, adjusts and replaces engines, drive trains, suspension and electrical systems on small to medium sized power products.
- Jun 27, 2018 You can randomly peruse the pages of this book as it is designed for random-reading, and not for one-sitting reading. Some of its chapters have the titles like “Learn Motorcycle Anatomy, Know Why That Bike’s for Sale, Become a Better Rider in 12 Steps, Break in an Engine, and Know Your Streetbikes.”.
Reading Material (motorcycle)the Mechanic Equipment
- Program Profile
- Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification
- Download(PDF 162.84 KB)
- Program Outline
- Guidelines for delivery of technical training at ITA Recognized Training Providers
- Download(PDF 1.36 MB)
- Guidelines on Interprovincial (IP) Red Seal Examination
- Information guide about how to study for the IP Exam including sample questions
- Download(PDF 1.32 MB)
- Interprovincial (IP) Exam Table
- List of tasks that will be tested and number of questions on each task
- Download(PDF 21.76 KB)
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
Reading Material (motorcycle)the Mechanic Training
If you have significant work experience in a trade but have never been certified in Canada, you may apply to challenge the certification.
Reading Material (motorcycle)the Mechanical
If you sponsor apprentices but have never been certified in Canada, you may request to supervise and sign-off apprentices when they are ready to be certified. Please refer to the application form on whether this trade qualifies.
Reading Material (motorcycle)the Mechanic Test
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 264.47 KB)
Reading Material (motorcycle)the Mechanic Tools
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 57.04 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 55.39 KB)
Reading Material (motorcycle)the Mechanic Job
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 71.49 KB)