Do you want to load Kodi on iPhone so that you can stream content and install addons from your iOS device? Install Kodi on your iPhone without jailbreak, Xcode, or a Mac in a few simple steps with our guide. This also works on all iOS devices like the iPad.
Method 1: Use Cydia Impactor to Install Kodi. Kodi’s tvOS installation file is a DEB file. Cydia Impactor works with IPA files, so we’ll first covert the installation file and then send it to your Apple TV. Go through the following steps. First, make sure that you have Kodi’s tvOS DEB file. The.ipa file found on this site is a converted version of the latest.deb found on the official Kodi site. No modifications were made to the original file. Hi guys, in this video I will show you step by step how to install Kodi on your Ipad or iphone with no Jailbreak. To install Kodi on your Ipad you only need 1 app. I will also show to install.
Download the Kodi 18.6 iOS APK for Kodi (IPA file) by clicking here. Download and install Cydia Impactor, which will be used to side load Kodi onto iOS. Create a free account or log into the Apple Developer Center. Step 4: Unzip the Kodi IPA ZIP File that you just downloaded, then drag the the IPA file into the Cydia Impactor window. Step 5: Input your Apple ID email address when prompted, then press the OK button. Step 6: Wait a few minutes for Kodi to install to your iOS device. Step 16: In your Finder window go back until you see the 'Kodi.app' file. Open iOS App Signer, drag and drop 'Kodi.ipa' in the 'Input File' field, select the signing certificate corresponding to your Apple account, select the provisioning profile 'com.yourusername.kodi', check 'ignore PlugIns folder', then click on 'Start'.
Best of all, it doesn’t require you to jailbreak your device in order to work.
We’ve updated our guide with all known methods for installing Kodi on Apple devices in 2020. If you have any questions on how to make this work, comment down below or get in touch with us on Twitter for help.
Kodi on iPhone Overview
The voice app free download. You can’t install Kodi on an iOS device like you can on Android or Android TV. The reason is biggest Apple is stricter about what kinds of content they allow on the App Store.
One big restriction is that an app can’t use third party repository sources on the internet to install extensions and addons. This means that installing third party addons would not be allowed if Kodi was in the App store.
Because of these restrictions, Kodi users have to hunt for alternative ways to install the media center app on Apple devices.The Kodi IPA application file can be installed on iOS legally and for free. However, without an Apple developer account, the IPA application expires every 7 days. Most users don’t want to reinstall Kodi and all of the addons every 7 days.
However if you are a developer with an Apple account, we’ll show you how to install the IPA file below too. You don’t need any other workarounds to install Kodi.
Old Ways to install Kodi on iPhone
There have been many ways to install Kodi that have come and gone over the past few years. One popular method was Tweakbox.
Tweakbox worked by installing a developer certificate on your account, which let the service push the Kodi app to your device. Tweakbox was popular because it worked without a jailbreak too. New restrictions by Apple prevent companies from installing developer certificates for these reasons and Tweakbox does not work any more.
Cydia / Jailbreak
When jailbreaking iOS devices was popular, Kodi could be installed through the Cydia app store. Improved security has made it harder to jailbreak iPhones and iPads. As well, a lot of jailbreak features have been officially introduced into the operating system by Apple.
This means that the incentive to install a jailbreak has been lost.
Below are the only real and working ways to install Kodi on iPhone and iPad devices.
How to Install Kodi on iPhone With Cydia Impactor
- Download the Kodi 18.6 iOS APK for Kodi (IPA file) by clicking here.
- Download and install Cydia Impactor, which will be used to side load Kodi onto iOS.
- Create a free account or log into the Apple Developer Center. NOTE: If you only have a free account, your version of Kodi will only be valid for 7 days. If you have a paid account, Kodi on iPhone will stay forever.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to your computer. Exit iTunes. Let your computer Trust your phone when prompted.
- Launch Cydia Impactor (NOT as administrator on Windows) and drag the Kodi IPA file you downloaded above into the Impactor window. Input your Apple ID email address when prompted.
- After Kodi on iPhone is finished installing, you can unplug your device.
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > General > Profiles and Device Management > Find your Apple ID > Trust
And that’s it! In 7 short steps, you’ve installed Kodi on your iOS device without jailbreak, a Mac, or Xcode. If you need to resign the app after 7 days, start from step 4 above and do not delete your app.
How to Install Kodi on iPhone With Xcode
Download Kodi, App Signer, and Xcode
Before following the instructions below, download the following three things:
- Xcode from the Mac App Store
Installing Kodi with Xcode
With all three installed, you can follow these instructions to install Kodi via Xcode.
- Plug your iOS device into your Mac and open Xcode.
- Select Create a new Xcode Project.
- Make sure Application is highlighted in the iOS section on the left.
- Click on Single View Application and then hit Next.
- Enter Kodi as the Product Name.
- Enter in a dummy Organization Identifier (e.g. com.YourName) and then hit Next
- Choose a spot on your laptop to save your repository which Xcode created and then click Create.
- Xcode will now give you the error “No code signing identities found”. Click Fix Issue and then Add.
- Enter in your Apple ID and sign in.
- Back on the main screen, you’ll see the message “To fix this issue, select a Development Team to use for provisioning”. Select the only team in the dropdown and then click on Choose.
- Open App Signer which you downloaded above.
- Under Input File, choose the Kodi deb file you downloaded earlier.
- The Signing Certificate should already be filled in with your Apple ID. For Provisioning Profile, select the same name as you did in step 10. Make the App Display Name “Kodi”. Then, click Start.
- Save the file somewhere you’ll remember and App Signer will work its magic and tell you when its done.
- Go back into Xcode and select Window > Devices
- Click on your iOS device on the left side.
- On the bottom right hand side (you may have to scroll down), click the small plus sign.
- Select the .IPA file that App Signer generated in step 14.
- Unplug your iPhone from your computer!
- On your iPhone, navigate to Settings > General > Profiles and Device Management > Find your Apple ID > Trust and trust your account.
You’ll now be able to run Kodi on your iPhone for free!
Related: Click here to install Kodi on your Android phone, tablet, or TV box.
Let us know on Twitter if we can help you out!
PROTECT YOURSELF ON THE INTERNET
Sign up for a premium Kodi VPN and access the internet unrestricted. We offer exclusive discounts for NordVPN, the highest respected VPN in the Kodi community. It has some great features for users:
Apps for Android, iOS, Mac, Linux & more
Tier 1 hardware (no speed slowdown)
Access to servers hundreds of VPN servers
What's More About Cydia Impactor
Impactor tool is developed by Jay Freeman also known as Saurik (@saurik). He is an American national who works as a businessman and software engineer. He created popular Cydia software and also he created a modified version of the iOS system which can be customized. The key purpose of Cydia Impactor is installing IPA files on iPhones and APK on Android devices. It has a simple interface and works on both jailbroken and non- jailbroken devices. This is a desktop based application which can be installed on Mac OS X, Windows, Linux (32-bit), or Linux (64-bit). Any user can use it Since its' interface and installing process is very convenient. When you install a file using the app, it is called 'Sideloading'.
Cydia Impactor will give access to install any IPA application into an apple iDevice without jailbreaking. This application is available on many platforms, such as Windows, Linux, and MacOSX.
It is easy to install IPA applications using Cydia Impactor, iDevice users just need to sign applications which they need to install on their mobile device.
Download Cydia Impactor
If you need to install IPA application which apple doesn’t allow you to install into your Apple mobile device or If you need to use this tool with your Android device which will enable many features, just download Cydia Impactor from here.
Main Features and functions
- Allowing to install Third Party Applications - This is not only a side loading tool, But There are also multiple options including on this Application which will helpful for Mobile device users. This can be used to install third-party applications with the semi-tethered jailbreak tool.
- Root Android Devices - Impactor Application can be used to root an android device. So this application will be one of the best tools for users who use both Apple and Android devices.
- Allow mobile device Users to Flash their devices - This Application allows users to flash, update Custom ROM and Stock ROM.
- Inbuilt USB Drivers - This tool has Universal USB device drivers for all kinds of devices, So users who use Impactor tool and connect with the mobile device does not need to install USB drivers for their device manually.
- Install and Recovery options- Android device users can fash, root packages and do manual file recovery through Impactor Application.
Note: You cannot install IPA file on Android or APK file on iPhone using the Cydia Impactor.
- 17 October 2018 - Version 0.9.50 launched with fixing unzipping IPA files on Windows
- 18 September 2018 - Version 0.9.46 was released and support iOS 12
- 11 August 2018 - Saurik officially fixed “CPP 160” error and certificate revoke errors
- 10 August 2018 - “CPP 160” error was fixed by Umang Raghubanshi and recommended to use until an official update is released
- 14 August 2017 - Saurik released a new update as 0.9.43 without previous Peer certificate error
Requirements Before Install
Before you start to download and installation process please check below-mentioned requirements which will needful during Cydia Impactor installation process.
- Download and install the latest version of the iTunes Application into your computer.
- For Connection between your device and the computer, you need to have recommended USB cable.
- Make sure your devices battery level higher than 50%.
- If you have completed these requirements, download and install Cydia Impactor Application from below mentioned links.
How To Install IPA File Using Cydia Impactor
- Step 01: Download Cydia Impactor latest version (Current version 0.9.51).
- Step 02: When you download the application, be cautious to download the relevant version according to your desktop.
- Step 03: Now, extract files to an specific folder where you can find easily.
- Step 04: MacOS users can simply 'Drag the impactor into applications folder'
- Step 05: Now, download the IPA file you want to sideload on your device.
- Step 06: Next, connect your iPhone to the computer over a recommended USB cable.
- Step 07: After connecting the device, Launch Cydia Impactor.
- Step 08: In this step, Impactor will recognize your iPhone or iPad automatically.
- Step 09: Then, click on the IPA file you want to sideload and drag it on to the impactor interface.
- Step 10: Once, you drop the file on it, the app will ask you to enter your Apple ID & Password.
- Step 11: Take your iPhone then navigate to Settings > General > Profile & Device Management.
- Step 12: Now you'll see the application you want to install along with your Apple ID. Click on the Apple ID and tap on 'Trust' to validate the app.
- Step 13: Almost done. Go to Home screen then you'll see the app you just installed.
Important: When you use a free iTunes account to sideload an IPA file, the validity of the app only remains for 7 days. When the validity expired, the IPA file you installed crashes every time you try to open it. But if you are an Apple developer account holder, app validity lasts for one year
How to Root Android with Cydia Impactor
- Check for the requirements and open Cydia Impactor Application.
- Enable USB debugging on your Android device by following these steps. Navigate to Developer Option > USB debugging and enable USB debugging.
- Now you can connect your Android smartphone to Computer with a USB cable.
- Now click “Start” on Impactor Application to start the rooting process.
- Cydia Impactor application will install SuperSU binary to your Android device automatically during this process.
- After completing this process, disconnect the device from the computer and restart it.
- Then Google Play application and install SuperSU from the store.
- After the above step, your Android mobile will be rooted and you have full access.
How to Jailbreak an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
Even though jailbreaking and jailbreaking tools are very popular among users by now, most Apple users still afraid of jailbreaking.
Because jailbreaking requires a bit of advanced knowledge and a good comprehension of jailbreaking tools. Actually, what is the real purpose of the jailbreaking? There might be various purposes behind the jailbreaking process. Because everyone does not have the same reason to jailbreak their devices. But generally, users tend to jailbreak their devices due to the following reasons.
The most common and basic reason to jailbreak iDevice is to install apps and tweaks which are not offered by Apple's App Store. As you know, non-jailbroken devices cannot run the apps beyond the App Store. In addition to the basic purposes, users jailbreak their devices to,
- Add custom notification sounds and ringtones
- Avoid apps which can be only used on Wi-Fi network
- Gain more options for managing and organizing mobile data
- Unlock the iPhone
- Use multiple carriers on the same device
However much jailbreaking is interesting still some users are suspicious about the process. So, they love to use third-party IPA files without jailbreaking their devices. As a solution to this matter, users are now keen on Cydia Impactor.
How To Update Cydia Impactor
For the with mobile devices, you need to download Cydia Impactor most recent version.If you have already installed the application, you can update it using 'Check for Updates' under the Impactor menu inside of the impactor. Also, impactor prompts when a new version available on MacOS and Windows. But prompt is not available for Linux.
Cydia Impactor Error and How to troubleshoot them
♥ Why can't I open the side-loaded app?
Sometimes users get “Untrusted Enterprise Developer” message when they try to open the app they have sideloaded. This is not a critical condition. You have only one simple thing to do run the app. According to the message, your device does not trust the app because you haven't validated the app as trusted. So you can trust the app by following Settings >> General >> Profile or Device Management. In device management select your Apple ID that you used to sideload the app. Now, select the app you have trouble to open. Finally, tap on the'Trust' button to trust the app. Now, you can open the app without any problem.
Kodi 14 Ipa File Extension
♥ Drag & Drop Files Not Working On Windows 10
Kodi 14 Ipa File Download
Do not launch Impactor as Administrator by clicking 'Run as Administrator'.If you run the impactor as administrator drag/drop of files not work on Windows 10.
♥ Stuck on Verifying Application
This error occurs when losing the interconnection between the Cydia Impactor, IPA file, and your iPhone.The application stays stuck on the application verifying stage and does not proceed to the final result. You can use one of the following solutions to get rid of this complicated situation.
- Try deleting jailbreak apps and rebooting the device
- Hard reset your iPhone or iPad
- Try turning on and off Airplane mode
- Delete other profiles from settings
- Create an app-specific password
♥ Provision.cpp.150 Error
If you get this error you have to generate an app-specific password instead of your default password. For that, you have to visit the Apple website and create a new password.
♥ Installation error 42
This error is not something regarding Cydia Impactor. When you try to install an application that is not compatible with your iOS version using Impactor, you'll get this message. If you really want to install the app you must upgrade your firmware. Without upgrading it you cannot avoid the error.
♥ Lockdown error
The complete code of this error is lockdown.cpp:57 LOCKDOWN_E_SSL_ERROR. You can prevent the error using the following method.
- Navigate to ' Settings >> General >> Reset >> Reset Location and Privacy '
- Now, plug your iPhone or iPad to the computer
- Then, Open iTunes
- When you open iTunes on your computer, you will be able to see the 'Trust' button on your iPhone screen
- Now, tap on it
Then, lockdown.cpp:57 will vanish and you will be able to use Cydia impactor without trouble.
♥ Error 71
The error provision.cpp:71 appears as 'ios/SubmitDevelopmentCSR=7460.You already have a current iOS Development certificate or pending certificate request'. You can follow the following method and avoid the error.
Kodi 14 Ipa Files
- First, open Impactor on your MacOS or Windows computer
- Go to the Xcode menu and click on Revoke Certificates
- Now, Enter your Apple login credentials
Kodi 14 Ipa Filed
Then you can avoid the error and use the Cydia impactor properly. Hope this information will be very useful to make your experience with Impactor tool a better one.