- Free Wifi Software For Laptop The Best Free Software For Your Laptop
- Free Wifi Software For Laptop The Best Free Software For Your Phone
- Free Wifi Software For Laptop The Best Free Software For Your Computer
- Free Wifi Software For Laptop The Best Free Software For Your Pc
Wi-Fi Scanner is a free WiFi analyzer software for Windows. It is one of the most featured software on this list to analyze WiFi networks. It basically scans for all available WiFi networks near you, analyzes them, and shows a detailed WiFi properties data on its interface. In our 2015 review of the best free Wi-Fi network scanners we found 3 products that impressed us enough to warrant recommendation with the best of these being as good as most commercial products. Introduction The most normal use of a WiFi network is probably your personal wireless network at home.
As the number of Wi-Fi networks rapidly explodes, detecting, managing, and maintaining your Wi-Fi can become problematic. When everyone around you is blasting their own Wi-Fi signals—particularly if in large apartment buildings or business complexes with lots of other large companies—you’re more likely to experience problems with Wi-Fi signals dropping out, poor connectivity, and slow performance.
Antamedia, one of the first WiFi companies that developed PC-based WiFi management software back in 2006, just released a new Hotspot V5. It’s an industry-leading software to manage and sell WiFi HotSpot access that helps you provide the free Internet with social login, collect data, engage customers with video ads and surveys.
Even within your own Wi-Fi network, several optimizations could help ensure your network is functioning appropriately, including router placement, appropriate channel, and security measures. And of course, analyzing and understanding your wireless network is key.
One of my favorite tools for discovering and solving these problems is SolarWinds® Network Performance Monitor (NPM). It includes high-performance network monitoring and insights and troubleshooting features to ensure your network starts working again as soon as possible after a problem arises. In particular, the SolarWinds heat map feature allows you to see where Wi-Fi signal is strong, and “dead zones” with low connectivity.
What Does a Wi-Fi Analyzer Do?
Most Wi-Fi network analyzers work in a similar way, in which you can choose a wireless spectrum to examine, such as 2.4GHz or 5GHz. The analyzer then examines that spectrum to view networks, their channels, and signal strength.
In simple terms, a Wi-Fi analyzer gathers information about access points and channels on your network and displays it in an easy-to-understand, visually accessible way. A wireless network analyzer can help you maintain connection quality, which can be vital for numerous business needs and performance metrics. Wi-Fi signals are constantly changing, and small changes in the network can have massive effects on the overall connection uptime.
Using a Wi-Fi network analyzer can collect data and help you identify problems, or it can indicate potential solutions such as switching to another channel to reduce congestion. You can also use this type of tool to discover areas in your facility with a weak Wi-Fi signal.
Best Wi-Fi Network Analyzer Software
In my opinion, using Wi-Fi analyzer software can be an excellent tool for optimizing business and even at-home Wi-Fi performance. This kind of software is usually easy-to-use and can provide great benefits in terms of connection reliability, signal strength, and download speeds.
Network Performance Monitor
Of the different tools available on the market, the SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor, with its Wi-Fi analyzer, is the most comprehensive. Despite its extensive list of features, it remains simple for both beginner and advanced users.
The relevant feature here is the heatmapping capability allowing you to create multiple color-coded maps of your facilities using real device data to display signal strength. You can automatically update these maps for a real-time understanding of your wireless network. Having at-a-glance insights into your Wi-Fi can really help with troubleshooting (especially when end users come knocking with complaints about connectivity).
Beyond heatmapping, NPM offers a range of useful network management features. For instance, its proprietary NetPath™ tool lets you detect and display network pathways with a visual traceroute. This allows you to simply determine where slowdowns and issues exist, as you can see the performance and information between individual nodes. Furthermore, with the PerfStack™ feature, you can compare the performance of different metrics side-by-side, so you can correlate multiple types of data across a common timeline.
Overall, SolarWinds NPM has an impressive suite of tools, and each has clean and beautiful visualizations and displays. Furthermore, NPM scales well and includes the ability to hook in with the SolarWinds High Availability platform, to ensure even fewer network drops, with strong failover protection.
NetSpot has a beautiful, easy-to-use interface, and is suitable for both beginners and experienced network administrators. It uses two different modes: discovery mode and survey mode. The first mode looks at a snapshot of the Wi-Fi networks near you, while survey mode can provide more detailed heat maps of Wi-Fi strength.
NetSpot is easy to install and includes several other visual representations of the wireless spectrum and the data it can collect. There are four different versions: free, home, commercial, and enterprise. The difference between them is the number of zones you can look at, how many access points you can scan, and the number of data points you can collect with a scan.
Another product to consider is InSSIDer. This established Wi-Fi analyzer tool for Windows is very reliable. The InSSIDer tool is generally intended for enterprise and business use, rather than for home users. Despite being geared toward admins, it’s still relatively easy to use.
It gathers the data you would expect: channel, signal strength, MAC addresses, and encryption type for each access point on the network. InSSIDer then provides you with a “link score” for each connection. The higher the score, the better. The software is easy to install, with comprehensive guides and links to free webinars if you need more assistance.
Consider NetCut if you’re looking for a solution for professional or enterprise use. It was originally created to be a back-end solution, but it can be used by anyone for network investigating and debugging.
NetCut allows you to monitor LAN activity and can display all the IP and MAC addresses and data of devices that are connected or have ever connected to your network.
With NetCut, you can kick someone off your network or restore their access at will. The main issue with NetCut for beginner users is that it has a lot of machine-translated documentation that may be hard to understand for someone who is not a network administrator, and a slightly more complex interface.
NetCut includes an extra layer of protection called NetCut Defender, which protects your computer from ARP and MAC address spoofing.
Unlike NetSpot and NetCut, WiFi Analyzer is intended primarily for home or temporary use. It is an app for Windows 10, available on the Microsoft Store. It comes in basic and pro versions, and the basic version includes everything you need to analyze your Wi-Fi network. The app takes your network and turns the data into easy-to-understand visualizations, suggesting which channel you should use to reduce congestion.
For someone new to Wi-Fi analyzer tools, this would be a potential choice. For enterprise needs or larger networks, it’s probably much too limited.
Like most other Wi-Fi analyzers, Vistumbler scans nearby networks for access points and can map your Wi-Fi network and connectivity strength while showing you detailed information about each network. It provides network status, MAC address, SSID, signal strength, channel number, and network type.
Vistumbler is set apart by its GPS support, which can integrate with Google Earth to display Wi-Fi networks. This feature is for people who may be driving, walking, or cycling around to try to find Wi-Fi networks to use. When Vistumbler discovers a Wi-Fi network with this feature, the app can show you where the network is on a map and other network information.
The main downside is that Vistumbler is not easy to use, and the user interface can be difficult to navigate. Again, it’s not a full enterprise solution for Wi-Fi analysis.
With good-looking graphics and sophisticated UI, WiFi Commander is one of the more attractive Wi-Fi analyzer tools. You can scan and filter nearby Wi-Fi networks and create 3-D graphs of the results. If your laptop has touchscreen capabilities, you can use touch to move and interact with the 3-D visualization.
The WiFi Commander app shows Wi-Fi signal strength and displays it in real-time so you can use the most recent data to join the strongest or most stable Wi-Fi network.
If you need a free or open-source Wi-Fi analyzer tool, check out Wireshark. Its purpose is to analyze and troubleshoot different communications protocols, and it includes the ability to look at Wi-Fi. Wireshark is very complicated to use, and you’ll need some training to use it. As such, it’s normally only used by networking and Wi-Fi professionals. In addition, there are obvious disadvantages for relying on open-source tools for business use, so you may want something with a bit more built-up functionality.
If you’re looking for something a little more basic when it comes to Wireshark, SolarWinds has a free tool called Response Time Viewer for Wireshark designed to help you analyze packet capture files as well as visualize response time in Wireshark.
Wi-Fi Analysis Solutions
In general, there’s no shortage of tools and software to help you monitor and organize your Wi-Fi networks, whether you’re a casual user or an enterprise professional. With the inclusion of high-reward tools such as heatmaps, visualizations, and performance metric graphs, the best Wi-Fi analysis tools and network management tools can revolutionize how you get the most out of your connection.
I recommend SolarWinds NPM due to its more robust suite of offerings and simple learning curve for new users. It’s much more robust than some of the limited-scope tools I mentioned above. Even so, I find the SolarWinds platform both intuitive and efficient.
Free Wifi Software For Laptop The Best Free Software For Your Laptop
How to Tame—and Redefine—Your Network Now – If you’re interested in considering how networks are changing and evolving, as well as the ways in which you may need to adapt your network management, read this article on how to prepare for tomorrow’s network topography.
Internet access is a requirement for all in today’s world, however, considering the speed and availability in countries such as, India we need more than just that. Having internet in all devices whether smartphone or computer is a prerequisite, hence internet connection sharing via Wi-Fi hotspot is one of the options that make life easier. The fact that most of the computers and the smartphones nowadays come with built-in WiFi feature, makes the internet sharing process effortless.
Read:How to create Wi-fi hotspot in Windows 7 and Windows 10
While Smartphones running on Android offer a WiFi hotspot option directly in order for you to share your internet connection, a Windows PC on the other hand offers no such option. Therefore, in places where you already have limited option of mobile phone internet and WiFi, the lack of WiFi hotspot option in Windows computers make it even challenging.
See also: Free Connectify Alternatives
So what’s next? Hold your horses as today we will introduce you to just the right WiFi hotspot software that can help you build a WiFi hotspot on your Windows computer in no time, and all for free! So drop that idea of emptying your energy into your PC’s network area and let’s get going.
Hosted Network Starter is a free Utility Tool By Nirsoft for creating Wi-fi hotspot in the easiest fashion. This is the most simplest tool available till date. You can use it in windows 7/8/10 with 32 or 64 bit computer. The best thing about the tool is that its a portable tool and you just have ti run this tool. You can also store this tool in your USB to use it anywhere.
According to the company, using MaryFi (a WiFi router software) you can build a WiFi hotspot for your Windows computer which allows internet connection sharing effortlessly. And, the fact that it is completely free of cost and is also compatible with Windows 7 PC is an added advantage. Let’s see what are the other features offered by MaryFi and the reason why you can go for it:
- It offers a clean user interface with only the basic elements added to it that just meets your requirement, rather than creating any unnecessary clutter. It applies the similar approach to its features where you would get only those options that are essential.
- However, it’s not that elemental as we think as MaryFi offers a more comprehensive feature for its users that is, it works as a WiFi repeater. This tool helps transfer signals from the WiFi router and then transmits it to your computer via the WiFi Hotspot.
- Moreover, in the absence of an internet connection the MaryFi tool helps you to obtain the shared files on your computer from other gadgets, which also includes LAN games and multiplayers.
My WiFi Router
Download the free software “My Wifi Router” to build a WiFi hotspot on your Windows computer for Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8 versions. Not just that, it is also available to download for both 32 bit and the 64 bit builds. But wait! That’s not all that it has to offer, as “My WiFi Router” is much more than that and offers a host of other features for your benefit as listed below:
- “My WiFi Router” comes with an extremely user friendly interface for the regular user. The best part about it is the fact that there are minimal items neatly arranged for a much easier understanding for all.
- While the tool allows you to conveniently administer any of the devices that are connected to your PC, you can also modify device nicknames or bar them and even control momentum. So, go to the “client management” section of the “My WiFi Router” and block certain devices that may be eating up your data speed.
- The software enables you to transfer videos to your Smartphone and other devices with the help of WiFi. Once transferred you can open the video directly from the browser of your device/smartphone. Turn on the option that says “Share Video” and you will receive an IP address. Now you simply need to go to the IP address to access the videos (browse and play), which are saved in one of the PC folders.
These amazing features in free service definitely makes the “My WiFi Router” a sought after WIFI hotspot software.
One of the other user friendly and extremely simple WiFi hotspot software is MyPublicWiFi. It is not only available for free of cost, but is also compatible with all Windows version starting from Windows server 2008, Windows 7 to Windows 8 and Windows 10. Additionally, MyPublicWiFi also is available for 32 bit and 64 bit processors helping it run effortlessly on devices using Windows. Besides these, MyPublicWiFi also offers a host of other features:
- It helps you identify the list of web pages via URL Logging that have been accessed while the hotspot was on. Hence, if you find someone accessing any unpleasant websites, you can extract the details using the URL Logging feature for those sessions when the hotspot was on.
- To expand the WiFi range in your home or in other locations, use MyPublicWiFi software as a WiFi repeater. It just takes a few seconds to widen the WiFi router signal range with the help of this tool.
- MyPublicWiFi also helps you find out which devices are accessing your WiFi hotspot connection. This will help you identify the users even when there is an open network created by you.
Updates: OsToTo Software Co. Apple safari app download. have officially ceased the support for this software.
A completely free of cost WiFi hotspot software, 160 WiFi is quite popular among users for its unique features.
Free Wifi Software For Laptop The Best Free Software For Your Phone
- What’s different about this tool is that despite being available at no extra cost, there are no annoying popups and advertisements that create a disturbance while accessing internet.
- Considering the extremely uncomplicated installation process, you can turn your PC into a WiFi hotspot in just one click.
- 160 WiFi allows you to control all the devices that are connected to your hotspot.
- You can restrict any unwarranted connections from accessing your WiFi hotspot with the help of Password Protection option.
- This unique free tool is compatible with all versions of Windows including Windows 10.
mHotSpot is a software that works as an internet source and that converts your Windows device to an efficient WiFi hotspot. This is again an extremely user friendly tool available for download at no cost, while a new hotspot is created. You can name the hotspot, assign a password, select the internet source and also the maximum count of clients. Moreover, mHotSpot is compatible with the other Windows version as well which includes, Windows 7 and 8. Let’s take a look at what other features it has to offer:
Free Wifi Software For Laptop The Best Free Software For Your Computer
- mHotSpot can track all details about other users connected to your WiFi hotspot along with the internet usage, that helps you keep an eye on the consumption and any activities at the same time.
- This tool is considerably smaller compared to others WiFi hotspot software covering only 400KB of your computer’s disk space. Considering its smaller size it is extremely easy to download even with limited internet connection.
- The best part about mHotSpot lays in the fact that it can have upto 10 connected clients. But, in case you do not want to share it with those many clients, you can choose to restrict the number of clients or devices who can access your WiFi hotspot.
- Allows you to choose the internet source point before even you can build the hotspot.
mHotSpot is great hotspot creating tool which helps you to build a WiFi hotspot on your PC with some unique features and in the minimum possible time.
Saurav is associated with IT industry and computers for more than a decade and is writing on The Geek Page on topics revolving on windows 10 and softwares.