'I forgot Windows 7 password on my Mac laptop, and there is only one user account which is the administrator. How I can get into Windows? Is there any way to reset lost Windows password from the Mac side with Boot Camp Assistant?'
With Boot Camp Assistant you can install Windows on your Mac computer, which allows you to dual-boot your machine between OS X and Windows. However, the files stored on your Windows OS cannot be accessed from within Mac OS. So if you forgot the admin password of the Windows system running on your Mac machine, you'll lose access to your Windows files.
The previous suggestion will work only if you can log in to your Mac computer, but what happens if you forgot your Mac password? Or if you have lost admin password for the Mac OS X? If that’s the case, but you have set up a hint, you can request the password hint and see if you can remember your password, this might do the trick and you will. Reset a MacBook or any Mac computer on macOS 10.15, whether you have the password or not. This action will enable the new owner to have a clean and fresh start. If you have forgotten your password, its recovery is not a priority if you want to erase and factory reset your Mac on macOS 10.15. Reboot your Mac as usual. If you have forgotten your Mac’s password, type in a wrong combination three times. After that, your Mac will offer a password recovery procedure using your Apple ID. Select Reset Password to initiate password recovery. Type in your Apple ID and password when requested.
Now you will receive a code on your mobile phone, which you will have to enter in the boxes given. If the verification code is correct, you will be able to reset the password for your Apple account (the password that you use to login to your Mac). So, these were the simple ways by which you can reset the password for your Mac. We are going to find out how to reset the Macbook OS X password. This method will work for OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion and above. Let’s get started! Here is how to reset Macbook OS X Password (Reset password with Terminal Utility) Don’t worry. Not like Windows based computers, you do not need any tools to reset your forgotten.
PCUnlocker is a bootable utility which can reset forgotten Windows password on any PC or Mac, which supports booting in EFI/UEFI and Legacy/CSM BIOS mode. In this tutorial we'll walk you through resetting lost admin / user passwords for Windows running on a Mac. Aboutsolution for mac.
1Create A PCUnlocker Live CD on Mac
First of all, you need to log in to your Mac OS X and make a PCUnlocker Live CD. Of course this can also done using a Windows PC. ISO2Disc is a Windows app which allows you to create a EFI/GPT bootable CD or USB drive from PCUnlocker ISO image.
- Click here to download and save the PCUnlocker program on your Mac OS X. The downloaded file is a self-extracting zip archive which contains a WinPE-based ISO image called pcunlocker.iso.
- Double-click on the .zip file you have downloaded, Archive Utility should appear and automatically extract your files. Once the files have been extracted, you can find the pcunlocker.iso file in a folder located in the same location as the original .zip file.
- Insert a blank CD into your computer's optical drive.
- Open Finder and navigate to Applications ->Utilities and double-click Disk Utility.
- Once the Disk Utility is launched, click the Burn button at the top of Disk Utility in the toolbar.
- Choose the pcunlocker.iso file from the pop up window. Click on Burn and confirm your operation. Sit back and wait while your new disc gets written!
2Reset Windows Password from Mac
Forgot My Mac Os X Password
- Just shut down your Mac, then turn it back on. When you hear the Mac startup Chime, press and hold the 'Option/Alt' key. You'll be shown all the bootable drives on your Mac, including your CD drive or USB stick.
- Use the keyboard arrows to choose the CD/DVD-ROM, then press the Enter key. The computer will start up from PCUnlocker Live CD.
- Once the WinPE operating system inside the CD is loaded into memory, the PCUnlocker application will start. It displays a list of local user accounts that are detected from your Windows SAM database.
- Choose your administrator account and click on Reset Password button. It will reset your forgotten Windows admin password immediately.
- Click Restart to reboot your Mac and remove the CD. You can then log in to your Windows administrator account without a password. Done!
It's so easy to reset lost admin password for Windows running inside your Mac. If you need to reset the password for a Windows virtual machine running in VMware Fusion or Parallels on your Mac, just mount the PCUnlocker ISO image to the virtual CD drive and you can reset the password as well.
Ready to try or buy?
Forgot Password For My Mac
- Buy PCUnlocker Enterprise
- Download PCUnlocker