How to clear memory and increase RAM in Windows 10/8/7?
Temporary file is a common type of cache in your computer. By default, temporary files are stored in the path of C: Users Admin AppData Local Temp. To clear them, you can press Windows + R to open Run window, input%temp% and click OK to open the Temp folders. Then, delete all the temporary files and folders in it. Follow these suggestions to clear the memory cache in Windows 10 to free up RAM on the computer. Restarting the PC is the best way. Close unwanted programs and processes from the Task Manager.
Have you ever met this issue that your computer is equipped with a very big hard drive, but the computer still runs very slow? Do you know why?
The primary reason is that your computer is having a high CPU usage issue which means that your computer CPU RAM is highly occupied by some programs and software, which then slows down your PC.
So how to fix the high CPU RAM usage error on Windows PC? The best way is to free up, clear memory and increase RAM. But how?
If you are looking for a simple way to fix the high CUP usage issue by increasing RAM and free up memory on Windows PC, you are at the right place. You can directly follow any one of the below-provided methods to get rid of high CPU usage issue and increase RAM on your computer now:
Quick Fix: Close Unnecessary Running Programs to Increase RAM
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys at the same time to bring up Task Manager.
2. Select Task Manager, go to Processes, locate and find the programs or software that are taking the most memory and CPU usage.
3. Select those programs that are taking the most CPU and click End Task to close them from running on your PC.
By doing so, you can quickly fix high CPU usage issue, and you can run your computer at a fast speed again.
Method 1. Disable and Remove Software/Programs from Startup to Increase RAM
To fully resolve the problem and increase RAM, you are highly recommended to disable and remove software and programs to boot from the Startup. This will effectively help you increase the RAM on Windows 10/8/7 PC.
Here are the detailed steps for disabling unnecessary programs and tools from Startup:
1. Right-click the Start and select Control Panel.
2. Enter Control Panel, find and double-click Administrative Tools.
3. Select and double-click on System Configuration.
4. Go to Startup tab, click Open Task Manager;
5. Select the useless program or unnecessary software that you want to remove or disable from the Startup and click Disable.
1. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del keys at the same time and select Task Manager from the listed options.
2.Find Explorer and click Restart.
By doing this operation, the Windows will potentially free up some memory RAM.
Method 3. Install A RAM Cleaner Software/Tool
Under most circumstances, it's effortless to clean the memory and free up RAM with professional RAM cleaner software.
If you search online, you'll find a lot of recommended RAM cleaner software such as Cleanmen, Minimem, Super Memory Cleaner (for Mac), etc. Available for you to download.
If you don't want to spend time doing so, here we'd like to recommend you to try an excellent RAM cleaner alternative software - EaseUS Todo PCTrans Free which supports you to remove useless programs or large files from PC and optimize computer performance with its 'Large File Cleanup' and 'App Migration' feature for free in Windows 10/8/8.1/7.
Method 4. Add More RAM to Increase RAM
The most direct way to increase RAM is to add more RAM to your computer or laptop.
1. The first step that you need to do is to detect and identify what kind of RAM your computer is using.
2. Then you can buy a new RAM - 4GB, 8 GB or 16GB to add to your computer or laptop.
Physical Memory Cache
Random access memory, or RAM, is the short-term or operating memory on your personal computer, and it is accountable for how the PC runs. As you continue to use your Windows PC, the available RAM (Random Access Memory) decreases. This happens as you install new programs, download applications, keep some unused files or create new files. Over time, your computer begins to slow down. Programs take longer time to launch and in the worst scenarios your computer runs into errors.
Such slow-running PCs are frustrating, and misused RAM is a key culprit why computers become sluggish. With a few simple troubleshooting steps and guidelines, you can free up RAM space and improve your computer's performance. Read below to know such steps:
Uninstall the installed Programs
The RAM decreases as you install new programs on your computer; the more you install the programs the slower it will become. For everything appears on your computer takes up a certain amount of system resources. Over time, your computer gets more and more slowly, the boot time extends, and all programs take longer to launch. Hence, to get rid of this, just uninstall all the programs that are not needed keep only the required programs.
For this just follow the below steps:
Clear Ram Memory Cache Windows 10 Free
- Click Windows Start button -> Control Panel -> Locate the programs you are no longer use -> Double-click Add or Remove Programs-> follow the instructions to uninstall the programs.
- After this just remove the delete the setup files of those uninstalled programs For this go to Start -> Program Files -> locate the uninstalled programs just delete them and empty the recycle bin.
Uninstall invalid and corrupt registry entries
Installing new applications will create new registry entries, even after uninstalling the programs will not remove its registries; they might remain where they've been stored. Over time, your computer will turn into mess. So remember to cleanup registry entries when you uninstall a program.
Click Windows Start button -> Click Run ->Type- regedit -> press enter to launch the Registry Editor -> Locate the uninstalled application -> Right-click on it and select Delete
Increase Memory Cache Windows 10
Clear Windows Cache (Internet files)
The book has been awarded with Romantic Times Reviewers' Choice Award (RT Award) for Best Urban Fantasy Protagonist (2011), DABWAHA Romance Tournament for Best Romance of the Year & Best Novel with Romantic Elements/Crossover (2012) and many others. The fever pdf free download.
As you open new site or pages on your internet browser, the address and other login information will be saved in a temporary files and Browser history to facilitate easy access when you need it the next time. However, this would even lead to unnecessary cache memory and hence needs to be removed.
- In control Panel, locate the Internet Options icon Double-click on it. Under “Temporary Internet Files” click Delete files and then “OK” to confirm. Once all files have been deleted, exit Control Panel.
- Open the browser, click on the Settings option and select History and now just select “Clear Browsing History” this will remove all the history and even free up the cache
- Click the “Start” button -> enter .tmp in the search field. You will find a list of temp files, browse through them and delete all unnecessary .tmp files.
Clear Junk files, temporary desktop files, log files etc..
As and when you use your system, your RAM memory will filled with some unused old files and other junk files. Hence one has to get rid of such files. For this you can use the Windows default tool called “Disk Cleanup”. Follow the steps mentioned below:
- Go to Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools ->Disk Cleanup
- Under Disk Cleanup tab and you will find many categories check on the following: Temporary Internet Files, Recycle Bin, Temporary Remote Desktop Files, Offline Files, Temporary Files, Compress Old Files and Setup Log Files.
- Now click the “More Options” tab and under “System Restore” hit the “Cleanup” button. (It removes all the System Restore points except the most recent one)
- Click the Disk Cleanup and click OK
This will delete all the unnecessary files on your Windows system and free up your RAM. Now your PC is free from unwanted programs and files, thus increases PC performance. Didn't you feel this as a lengthy procedure and requires extra care and time. Instead you can just make use of the Remo Privacy Cleaner software that will do this for you in just one single click. This tool can quickly uninstalls all the programs, removes internet cache and temporary files, erases the junk files, log files etc. Thus with one tool you can perform all the above steps in just a single click.