One is to use VBA to make the changes to the word. The other is to leave a blank spot in the paragraph for the word and put a separate text box with the word in the right place. You can then animate the separate text box to your heart's content. We will change the animation to slow and we will add a one second delay to the animation. To learn more about animation effects in PowerPoint, go through step-by-step animation techniques in Learn Microsoft PowerPoint 2013 now. This course includes 57 lessons and over 13 hours of video lectures to teach you the basics of PowerPoint 2013.
Add animations to text, pictures, shapes, and more in your presentation Select the object or text you want to animate. Select Animations and choose an animation. Select Effect Options and choose an effect.
There's more to text animation than just adding some movement to your selected text. By default,when you animate a text placeholder or text box, all the text contained animates at one go unlessyour text content is within a bulleted or numbered list. In that case, all text animates assequenced paragraphs. Even then, the animation is sequenced to first level paragraphs (firstlevel bullets), and any sub-bullet levels contained in yourtextplaceholders or text boxes animate along with the parent level. In this tutorial, you will learnhow you can access some specialized options for animating paragraphs and bulleted text sequentiallyby words, by letters, and by paragraph levels.
Follow these steps to apply animation to text and explore various special options for text animation:
Return of a king pdf free download free. Men have oftener suffered from, the mockery of aplace too smiling for their reason than from the oppression of surroundingsoversadly tinged.
- Select the entire text box / placeholderwith bulleted (or paragraphed) text, as shown in Figure 1. Remember that it is important that you do notselect just some text, but the entire placeholder. Notice that no individual text is selected in Figure 1,below; rather, the entire text container is selected. The easiest way to make this selection is to click on the edge of thetext container.
Figure 1: Text container selected
- Now, access the Animations tab of theRibbon (highlighted inred within Figure 2). Then click the AddAnimation button, as shown highlighted in blue withinFigure 2.
Figure 2: Add Animation button
- This opens the Add Animation drop-down gallery, as shown inFigure 3. Within this gallery, select any of the four animation types(Entrance,Emphasis,Exit, andMotionPaths) that PowerPoint supports. For this tutorial, we chose the Wipe Entranceanimation effect.
Figure 3: Add Animation drop-down galleryTip: If you choose the Wipe animation as we did, then make sure that you click theEffect Options button within the Animations tab of the Ribbon, shownhighlighted in red within Figure 4 and then choose the From Leftoption so that your text animates from left to right, rather than the bottom to top default.
Figure 4: Effect Options
- Now, make the Animation Pane visible by clicking the Animation Pane button(highlighted in red within Figure 5).
Figure 5: Animation Pane button
- Within the Animation Pane, right-click the text animation to bring up adrop-down list, as shown in Figure 6. Within this drop-down list, choseEffect Options (refer to Figure 6 again). Alternatively, justdouble-click the text animation within the Animation Pane.
Figure 6: Effect Options to be selected for the animation
- This summons a multi-tabbed dialog box as shown in Figure 7. The name of thisdialog box depends upon the animation you have selected / applied.
Figure 7: Group text options for Text Animation
Click the Text Animation tab, and from the Group text drop-down list, choose anyof the options:
- As One Object: Animates the entire text container (text placeholder or text box)at one go.
- All Paragraphs At Once: Animates all paragraphs or bullet levels at one go.
- By 1st Level Paragraphs: Animates by 1st level paragraphs or bullet levels. Thisis the default option that PowerPoint uses for text containers.
- By 2nd Level Paragraphs: Animates by both 1st and 2nd level paragraphs or bulletlevels. Of course, this works only if you have 2nd level paragraphs or bullet levels in your selectedtext.
- By 3rd Level Paragraphs: Works the same way, animating all levels from 1st to3rd level paragraphs or bullet levels.
- By 4th Level Paragraphs: Works the same way, animating all levels from 1st to4th level paragraphs or bullet levels.
- By 5th Level Paragraphs: Works the same way, animating all levels from 1st to5th level paragraphs or bullet levels.
- You can set the delay time of the text animation by choosing Automatically aftercheck-box (see Figure 8, below). Then type in the time in seconds for the delay period you wantto use. There are two more options within the Text Animation tab:
• The Animate attached shape option is only available if your text container is ashape.
• When selected, the In reverse order check-box will cause the text animation to playin reverse order.
Figure 8: Text animation options
- You can also make your text animate by paragraphs, words, or letters. To access these options, click theEffect tab as shown in Figure 9, and from the Animate textdrop-down list, choose any of the options:
- All at once: Animates the text by paragraphs. This is the default option
- By word: Animates text by one word at a time
- By letter: Animates text by one letter (character) at a time
Figure 9: Effect tab
- Clearly, you need to have a compelling reason to use the By word orBy letter options, no audience will be very kind to you choosing these options otherwise!
- Click the OK button to apply the changes. Thereafter, preview your animation to ascertain ifyou like the result so that you can edit further as required.
- Save your presentation.
How To Animate One Word In Powerpoint 2019
How To Animate One Word In Powerpoint
Animate Text in PowerPoint 2011 for Mac
Animate Text in PowerPoint 2010 for Windows
Animate Text in PowerPoint 2007, 2003, and 2002 for Windows