Is a feature not working as expected in your Second Life? You may have found a bug!
What's a bug?
An unintended computer problem which happens for more than one person under the same conditions.
The Original KC Couture Store Quality and Affordable Shoes & Apparel Since 2012. Authorized Maitreya, Legacy, Kupra, Slink, Belleza & EVE Designer. Second Life login. Your username is both your screenname in Second Life and your login ID. Accounts created prior to June 2010 may have both a first and last name (Example: First Last), while newer accounts may only have a single username. Scheduled - We will be performing rolling restarts for regions on the Second Life RC Server channels on Wednesday, April 28th, beginning at approximately 7:00 AM PDT. Please refrain from rezzing no copy objects and remember to save all builds. Second Life's official website. Second Life is a free 3D virtual world where users can create, connect, and chat with others from around the world using voice and text.
- NOT account-specific, support issues - Individual situations that desire a response, such as a billing problem, are different For those, visit our Support Portal.
What's a bug report?
A description of a bug, shared by you with us. Useful bug reports are:
- Easy-to-follow - Ever given driving directions, where you emphasize landmarks to watch for? Bug reports should be like that: they have a sensible order and a friend can follow your steps.
- Reproducible - Sadly, some bugs are like Bigfoot — hard to find evidence of. But many bugs happen reliably after following a series of steps. Confirm a bug so we can catch it in the wild.
Steps to create a good report
With that in mind:
- Read the article about how to submit a bug.
- Write a bug report including:
- Steps to follow
- In as much detail as possible, describe a sequence of actions that any user can take to cause the problem to occur. If particular conditions are required, such as being in a specific parcel or having particular permissions set for a group role, describe them carefully. Before submitting your report, test your instructions by having someone else follow them to see if they see the problem. Making these instructions simple is good, but completeness is better than simplicity.
- Describe what you expected to happen
- such as 'the object should change to red' or 'my avatar should be wearing the shirt'
- Describe what happened instead
- If you are able to provide pictures, video, or other illustrations in addition to text, even better.
- Attach supporting information
- If the problem is a viewer crash or a bad interaction with the server (not getting something you should have, or having an effect on the world that you should not have, for example), include the log files from your viewer as attachments. Be sure that you specify as closely as possible the exact time at which the problem occur so that we can find any relevant information in the logs. See Finding Log Files for how to find them.
- Steps to follow
The goal is to show developers what you see, so we can see it too, then hunt down and fix the bug.
I'm not a geek and I need help!
Don't worry, everyone was new once. There's lots of discussion on the Bug Tracker where experienced Residents help new bug reporters.
What if Second Life is having a widespread service issue right now?
Generally, login problems, teleport failures, and such are shown on our Grid Status Reports and since we're already working on it, there's no need to file a bug report.
What if the bug I found is really serious and shouldn't be shared?
Learn about our Security Issues steps for exploits that compromise real-life identity, destroy content, and other serious issues that need discretion to be fixed ASAP.
I reported a bug but it hasn't been fixed! Why?
We fix many bugs, but it's unrealistic to expect that we'll fix all of them. Let's look at this closer:
- What do we know? We can't act on bugs that we can't reproduce or don't have enough info about. It's like telling the police a crime happened without evidence. (While bugs aren't criminals, they certainly cause us pain!)
- Is it enough of a priority? For example, an inventory loss bug that affects many Residents gets a much higher priority than a cosmetic glitch only noticed by a few.
- What are the dependencies? Second Life is a complex system and we need to be sure, even if a bug seems simple, that fixing it won't create more bugs in related areas.
How do I find out where bugs get fixed?
Check the Release Notes. Each version contains blow-by-blow highlights of what was changed.
How do I report abuse on the Bug Tracker?
Unproductive discussion is discouraging, rude, and wastes time better spent fixing issues. We don't tolerate behavior like flaming which violates our guidelines — please report abuse so we can help keep the Bug Tracker a welcome environment! Thank you!
- In the Second Life Viewer (not on the web), select Help menu > Report Abuse.
- Fill in all the fields. Not all abuse categories apply to the Bug Tracker, but you may see an intolerant comment, for example.
- In the Details field, link directly to the abusive comment by clicking the link icon that appears when you hover over a comment, or specific issue where the comment is.
- Click Report Abuse and our Bug Tracker admins will check it out shortly.
Depending on the severity of the abuse, the violator may get a warning or be permanently banned from the Bug Tracker and even all of Second Life.
Want to know more?
After you've learned the essentials of bug reporting, give it some time to digest. Then:
- How to report a bug - If your question wasn't answered above, see this. Highlights include:
- Visit the Bug Tracker category - All pages related to the Bug Tracker.
Gaeta 5 is the only finished continent of the Gaeta series. The initial project was to build 5 continents (named from Gaeta 1 to Gaeta 5), then to unite them into a single block of sims. Today, only Gaeta 5 is complete and a part of Gaeta 1 was built. Gaeta 5 is the most compact continent, with no gulfs or estuaries. On map, has a pea-shape or a potato-shape. This continent is an endless plain. It is linked to Corsica by a two-sim large passage (see Transcontinental Channels).
- 6Transportation and accesibility
Gaeta 5 was built soon after Corsica. Construction started in april 14th 2008 and ended in may 25th 2008. It took only 41 days to build the continent .
5 Second Movies
Size in sims: 385 (N-S 19, E-W 32)
Size in meters: 25.23 square km (4.86/8.19 km)
Sea sims (complete flooded): 81
Coast sims (direct water access): 91
Dryland sims (no water access): 213
Sims with road access: 81 (sometimes they are continued with navigable channels).
Sims without direct access: 138
Population density: low
The following numbers are sim Coordinates, as they are available from Gridsurvey  in the following format: longitude(min) - longitude(max) / latitude(min) - latitude(max). Gaeta 5 has no subcontinents, however it can be devided into two smaller subcontinents.
West Gaeta: 1158-1174/1081-1098
East Gaeta: 1175-1189/1085-1099
Gaeta 5 is similar with Gaeta 1. Both continents are a gigantic plain. However, Gaeta 5 has an average low plain and two higher plains. Also, the ocean floor has its own features.
The low plain starts from the seaside, with a large sand beach. This plain changes texture with every meter in altitude. It is easy to terraform. A large part of this plain is abandoned land, with slopes and holes. Always, Gaeta 5 has low plains around the shores. The center of the continent is a large depression, a low plain. They are never higher then 60 meters.
The high plain looks like a hill, but if we compare the altitude and declivity to other continents, it is a plain. The average altitude is about 62 meters high (or 44 meters above sea level). There is a small difference in color between the lower and the higher plains. Unfortunately, these plains are full of abandoned land. Maximum altitude was found to be 168 meters. Vrey high places look like hills.
The ocean floor is similar to the ocean floor in Gaeta 1. Close to the coast, water is not deep and terraforming is very easy.
Altitude map of Gaeta 5 is corelated with the Geographical features of the continent. The seaside is very smooth, without a coast with high declivity. There are no cliffs or mountains to form shores with high declivity. Near the shores, the oceanic plain has low altitudes and covers about half of the entire continent.
The center of the continent is a large depression, with a maximum elevage of 45 meters. There is a road following the West end of the central depression. Land is so low, that ground oceanic texture extends an entire sim to continental center. However, all plains of Gaeta 5 are not complete flat.
The high plains, separated by the central depression, show an interesting and unique feature. Altitude rises from center to extremity. The altitude rises so slow, that while traveling from center to East or West, you will not notice it. Everything looks like a large plain with small slopes. But even so, the highest altitude is 168 meters, higher then many other continents, more then Corsica, Nautilus or Satori.
Transportation and accesibility
Gaeta 5 has a low-developed road network, but with continental cover. Ground transportation is also possible by using parcels of Abandoned Land. It is possible to travel along entire continent, by foot, by horse or by motorbike.
Water transportation is important. Coastal waterway is navigable and surrounds the entire continent. More even, there are navigable channels close to the shores, that extend the road network and offer incredible landscapes.
Air transportation is possible by flying or by airplanes. There are a few airports.
More information at Gaeta V Network and Waterways.
Road efficiency index: 0.481
Water efficiency index: 1.572 Useful linksfillable family group records.
Total infrastructure efficiency: 2.053
Gaeta 5 is less populated then nearby Corsica and has many parcels of Abandoned Land or Unused Land. There are ban lines and entity orb teleporters, but their frequence is low, somehow similar to Sansara. Percent of Land With Restricted Access of all Inhabited Land is, however, similar to the values found on Corsica.
5 Second Life Game
Gaeta V Network - roads in Gaeta
 - Second Life Wikia about Gaeta
5 Seconds Of Summer
 - the Gaeta airports
 - a road trip through Gaeta 5.