JASPER® remanufactured Ford 4R70W/4R75W transmissions are built to meet, or exceed, OEM measured standards and have a 3 year/100,000 mile nationwide, transferable parts and labor warranty. Click here for complete warranty information. Remember, this is a completely remanufactured automatic transmission assembled to exacting tolerances and live-run dynamometer tested for reliability.
Description: Automatic Transmission 2004 Ford F-150 Fits: Automatic Transmission; New Style, 8 Cyl, 280 cid (4.6L), (4R70E), 4x2 Change Fitment Condition: 97K miles. 2004 Ford F-150 transmission problems with 172 complaints from F-150 owners. The worst complaints are no overdrive, transmission failure, and clunks & shudders when driving.
The 4R70W/4R75W transmission is used extensively in such popular applications as the following:
- Ford (F-150 Series pick-up trucks, E-150 Series vans, Explorers, Expeditions, Crown Victorias, Mustangs and Thunderbirds)
- Lincoln (Town Cars and Mark VIIIs)
- Mercury (Cougars, Grand Marquis, Mountaineers and Marauders)
The 4R70W/4R75W transmission is susceptible to issues that include: loss of forward gears, intermediate clutch failure, loss of second gear, delayed reverse or shudder in reverse, delayed/no lock-up, harsh 2-3 shift, loss or slipping in forward gears, direct clutch failure or loss of third and fourth gears, low pressure or harsh shifts and front seal leaks or pump noise. JASPER has addressed these issues to improve the reliability of this automatic transmission.
JASPER remanufacturing advantages include:
Microsoft Teams is the hub for team collaboration in Microsoft 365 that integrates the people, content, and tools your team needs to be more engaged and effective. Microsoft teams english.
- Installation of NEW updated billet forward drum, with a solid snap ring groove, where applicable, to eliminate fatigue due to higher pressure and multiple engagements.
- Snap ring on the intermediate clutch is replaced with a wrap-style snap ring and staked retainer to prevent the snap ring from popping off causing intermediate sprag failure and eventual unit failure.
- 100% Boost valve kit replacement (high wear point) to prevent delayed reverse, reverse shudder, and poor reverse boost.
- 100% pressure regulator valve replacement (high wear point) to prevent low line pressure rise, soft shifts, and delayed engagement.
- 100% bypass converter clutch sleeve and plunger valve kit replacement (high wear point) to prevent delayed lock-up, no lock-up, and shudder condition.
- JASPER Exclusive - 100% installation of updated synthetic rubber-molded accumulator piston to reduce wear.
- Installation of an additional third plate on the separator plate to prevent direct clutch failure.
- 100% replacement of low servo modulator spring to maintain manual low pressure.
- Finish-in-place bushing and lathing process ensures pump bushing concentricity and alignment to improve bushing to converter hub contact and prevent front seal leaks, pump noise, and fluid contamination.
- Rooster comb is modified on police applications to prevent low roller sprag failure.
- Police applications include a 7-plate direct clutch for increased durability.
- 100% dynamometer tested for proper gear ratios, line pressure, cooler pressure and flow, and noise. Direct and forward clutch are tested, on and off, to verify that there are no cross leaks between the two.
Please visit our Video Library to learn more about some of the quality processes we perform to this transmission family.
2004 F150 Transmission Type
Go to our online catalog to get a price on a JASPER 4R70W/4R75W automatic transmission for your specific vehicle application. Most applications of the JASPER remanufactured 4R70W/4R75W transmission are available immediately from our huge distribution network across the U.S. This means you can be up and running again quickly and reliably. So, as soon as you get a price from our online catalog, just click on the “Find an Installer” icon to find the installer closest to you.
Transmission For 2004 Ford F150
Full warranty disclosure available on our website or upon request. Specifications subject to change without notice.